You're a good corporate citizen because it's the right thing to do. But that doesn't mean you have to be modest about it.
For every dollar you donate, you should spend a dime telling the world about it. Most organizations don’t spend close to this. But earning recognition for your citizenship activities is a key way to enhance your brand.
Citizenship activities that are ripe for publicity include:
- Straight financial support/donations
- Employee volunteer programs
- In-kind partnerships/pro bono services
Ways your citizenship can be leveraged for your brand include:
- Negotiating with benefactor organizations for greater recognition of support.
- Publicizing support through media.
- Communications to customers and potential customers.
- Leveraging relationships with board members of benefactor organizations.
We can help put together a CSR Visibility Plan, develop the necessary materials and tools, then go out and do it. Give us a call to discuss.